Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I was so excited about Valentine's Day because our homeschool group had decided to do a Valentine exchange. I so loved those when I was in school- decorating your shoe box, everyone going around the room putting their cards in the slots, wondering how many you would get...It was so much fun to get home and open them all up! Well, my kids could care less about my little trip down memory lane. They had zero interest in decorating the box that I lovingly handcrafted with dual slots and a divider (I didn't have any shoe boxes). Ultimately, my sentimental journey consisted of me finishing up the Valentine's and wrapping the box and then forcing them to put stickers on it an hour before we left to the park while threatening to bag the whole day. Lesson learned: I probably shouldn't guilt myself into replicating school experiences they won't enjoy for the sake of cool holiday themed blog photos! On the upside, we played a fun cupid relay game at the party, where each team member has to put on a giant diaper and shoot suction cup arrows at a target. Theme aside, the kids now have an interest in archery!

No comments: